Napier Inpatient EMR is a user friendly, web-based or standalone solution for capturing and maintaining a computerized medical record that can be used in both primary care and acute care hospitals. Either as a standalone, or integrated with a hospital information system Napier inpatient EMR provides all healthcare providers in the services of the patient an episode based, visit segregated and event driven view of the patient stay in the hospital as well as a single, accurate and holistic view of a patient’s medical history and allow for improved patient care. Napier EMR provides a robust, secure and auditable way to automate clinical documentation, manage patient schedules & information, manage physician orders, procedures and prescriptions.
We help your organization
Maintain Integrated Electronic Medical Records
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) will give all clinicians an episode based, visit segregated and event driven view of the patient stay in the hospital. It provides a single, accurate and holistic view of a patient’s medical history and allow for improved patient care. EMR will also facilitate any regulatory requirement to transmit information to a National Health Record system or registry.
Support Clinical Decision Making
Assist your clinicians in their decision making with our automated real-time notifications of drug to drug, drug to allergy contraindications and patient care suggestions to minimize medication errors and improve patient care. Our case definition system provides framework to the care provider for identifying the probable diagnoses to facilitate easy clinical decision and surveillance.
Enhance Operational Efficiencies
By integrating and streamlining your workflow, Napier Inpatient EMR allows you to increase patient volumes without increasing staff. Automation of administrative tasks reduces errors and increases productivity at all levels.
Key Functional Areas
Our solution has the following key functional areas:
- Patient Demographics – Napier EMR automates capturing of patient details, enabling the medical staff user to enter and make changes to personal details like name, date of birth, social security number along with demographic details like the address, insurance, pharmacy and guarantor details of a patient. Audit trails for each update is maintained for traceability and accountability.
- Clinical Summary – Napier EMR aggregates a patient’s entire medical history and summarizes the information on a single screen for effective decision making by the clinician. Patient data includes medications, allergies, problems, procedures, tests and meaningful use data. The Clinical summary screen is also customizable to the requirements of the clinicians.
- Reminders and Alerts – Napier EMR is built to improve clinician productivity and assist in the care of patients. Using intelligent rules based workflow engine, alerts and reminders are automatically generated to assist staff on the important tasks of follow-up care.
- Patient Education and Goal Monitoring – Napier EMR provides tools for monitoring patient progress, educating patients and promoting healthy outcomes. This health educational information is accessible through the clinician’s desktop view or within each patient chart and can be delivered to patients through the web, mobile devices, email or SMS.
- Integration – Napier Inpatient EMR is interoperable with other third party practice management or hospital information systems using healthcare standards like HL7, HIPAA, LOINC, ICD10 and CPT code.
- Referral Management – Napier EMR streamlines the process of incoming and outgoing patient referrals, as well as the exchange of documents and communication by efficiently managing the workflow of a patient referral, giving clinicians a single, composite view of relevant information, regardless of the information’s source.
- Medical Coding – Napier EMR provides easy-to-use, integrated lookup screens to let clinicians search electronically by medical code or description. Most frequently-used medical codes can be stored as favorites to facilitate future searches.
- Electronic Immunizations – Napier EMR provides the capability of electronically sending immunization information to your state’s immunization registry in order to meet federal requirements.
- E-prescribing – Napier EMR allows prescriptions to be developed and transmitted electronically to pharmacies. Our EMR solution also checks conflicts and interactions, including drug-to-allergy, drug-to-drug, drug-to-pregnancy, drug-to-pediatric, drug-to-geriatric, drug-to-lactation, drug-to-disease, drug-to-side effect and drug-to-duplicate therapy. Drug orders are generated based on patient parameters such as age, weight, renal and hepatic impairment, thereby reducing lists of candidate drugs to a minimum.
- Reports & Executive Dashboard – Napier EMR comes bundled with a standard set of reports to support the administrative requirements of practice. Executive dashboard allows you take a real-time snapshot of your business at any point of time.
- Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) – Napier EMR supports the electronic entry of the clinician’s instructions for the treatment of patients under his/her care. These orders are transmitted electronically to other medical staff, or to other departments (e.g. laboratory, radiology or pharmacy) responsible for the fulfillment of the orders.
- Medication Administration – Napier Inpatient EMR provides medication administration feature designed to improve patient safety and drastically reduce the amount of time spent on documentation. Clinicians can easily document medication administrations, vital signs and other observations. Clinicians are alerted of any active alerts and allergies for the patient. These alerts are highlighted and displayed in the patient banner. Clinicians are also well supported with the therapeutic information for the drugs that needs to be administered. This feature streamlines medication administration with the capability to read the drug barcode label and reconcile that information to the patient’s medication record. This feature prevents errors and supports the patient’s rights (right patient, right drug, right dose, right route, and right time). Using a barcode reader to document administrations saves time and increases accuracy. It provides a safety net to improve processes and eliminate the opportunity for error before a medication is administered to the patient.
- Clinical Care Pathways – Napier Inpatient EMR provides the frame work to adapt standard clinical care pathways, customize the pathways as per organizational policies and ability to develop bespoke care pathways from the organizationally accepted pathways for specific requirements of any patient. The Napier Inpatient EMR also supports scheduling, executing, recording the events of the care pathways along with reviewing the pathways for evaluation.
- Security and Audit Trail – Napier EMR comes with industry standard security features including role based access control, encryption and automatic password change alerts. Audit trails enable tracking of all system activities with the logging of time, user-id and location information.