Power to the Modern Hospital
Healthcare systems across the world are overwhelmed by challenges that prevent them from providing the best possible level of care to their patients.
If you manage or operate a hospital today, these challenges of the healthcare industry are already impacting your facility.
- Financial challenges to increase revenues and optimize costs
- Shortage of qualified medical personnel
- Patient safety and quality
- Increasing cost of care
- Standards and government mandates
According to research by industry group Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), the right technology and choice of product can bring about:
- 68 percent improvement in quality of care and patient satisfaction
- 53 percent reduction in cost of healthcare delivery
- 51 percent improvement in population health at their facilities
Key aspects of a solution that can deliver such results are noted below:
- Comprehensive solution: Set of modules well-integrated that can scale and meet the needs of the healthcare enterprise
- Modular offering: Fit the needs of different departments (from small to large network hospitals)
- Global standards: Compliance with global standards such as JCI, ICD 10, HL7, SNOMED-CT, while incorporating the latest market innovations
- User Experience: Superior user experience leads to greater adoption and streamlined processes. So it is extremely critical that solutions work seamlessly on web and mobile devices.
- Technology advancements: The latest technology innovations–such as big data analytics, artificial intelligence, and cognition–play a critical role in ensuring increased adoption and provision of operational insights
- Lower TCO: This is crucial for overall success in a market leading solution. It needs to be comparable to the best in the market and comes at a relatively low investment and maintenance cost.
The right choice of a solution along with a well thought out and proven implementation methodology can deliver significant operational improvements as well as superior care for patients.
- Better revenue management: Reduces administration cost and improves financial efficiency
- Optimize resource management: Automated process management streamlines clinical and administrative tasks, thus empowering staff
- Technology enabled care: Enables the hospital to be a modern medical center providing superior care
- Better planning, Informed decisions: Provides deep insight on the work structure, processes, and flows of the care environment
- Greater visibility: Business intelligence tools enable a greater understanding of enterprise needs
- Reduce errors & liability: The use of a standards-based approach, accuracy of nursing care and drug administration together ensure lower risk
- Reduce pilferage: Prevents unnecessary inventory purchases and wastage of resources